Seminars & Speaking Engagements
Debra C. Sullivan will be speaking at the Oswego County Bar Association's 3rd Annual Class and Clams CLE. She will be addressing the Nuts and Bolts of Real Property Tax Assessment Challenges. Ms. Sullivan will provide an overview of the critical timing and procedural issues related to tax assessment challenges and how to avoid procedural pitfalls. For more information, click here. Ms. Sullivan recently participated in a similar presentation for the Oneida County Bar Association.
John P. Sidd recently spoke at the annual New York Land Bank Association conference in Syracuse on the topic of updates in the law applicable to New York land banks including administrative interpretations of land bank powers and important revisions to the New York State Land Bank Act.
Joseph W. Russell, of the firm's Watertown office, recently spoke at the Annual Not-for-Profit Industry Conference which took place in Watertown. Mr. Russell provided an Overview and Update on Key Provisions of the Non-Profit Revitalization Act and Recent Guidance from the Attorney General.
- Kevin M. Newman recently spoke at the Central New York Bankruptcy Bar Association Annual Conference in Otesaga. Click here for more details.
Jeffrey A. Dove recently spoke at the Turnaround Management Association's Upstate New York Chapter event entitled Eye of the Beholder: Redeveloping a Troubled Project which took place in Rochester. Mr. Dove took part in a panel discussion with commercial real estate professionals involved in the redevelopment of properties that have gone through bankruptcy and were redesigned into some of the most desired locations to reside in on the East Side of Rochester today.
Mitchell J. Katz recently moderated a continuing legal education program presented by the Federal Court Bar Association for the Northern District of New York concerning the first day of trial. This was the fifth in the litigation series presented by the FCBA.
Julian B. Modesti was a presenter at the New York State Bar Association's seminar on "New York Appellate Practice."
Mitchell J. Katz and Julian B. Modesti were presenters at the Onondaga County Bar Association's seminar on "Advice from the Experts: Successful Strategies for Winning Commercial Cases in New York State Courts."
- Jeffrey A. Dove and Kevin M. Newman were presenters at a New York State Bar Association Seminar on the Basics of Bankruptcy
- Mitchell J. Katz served as a panelist for the Northern District of New York Federal Court Bar Association seminar entitled “So Your Case is Trial Ready – Now What?”
- Kevin M. Newman recently acted as Chair and participated as a speaker at a New York State Bar Association program entitled Advising Distressed Businesses and Business Bankruptcy Cases in Albany.
- F. Paul Vellano, Jr. was a speaker at The Risk Management Association 2012 Operational Risk Management Update Conference
- Mitchell J. Katz served as Chair of a seminar presented by the New York State Bar Association's Commercial and Federal Litigation Section
- Julian B. Modesti served as a Panelist at the New York State Bar Association's seminar, "Avoiding Ethical Dilemmas in Day-to-Day Practice"
- Julian B. Modesti served on Panel of the New York State Bar Association's Appellate Practice Seminar
- Julian B. Modesti Speaks to Military Leaders on Art of Negotiation
- Antonio E. Caruso was a presenter at a New York State Bar Association Seminar on Real property Law
- Mitchell J. Katz served as a panel moderator at a seminar presented by the Federal Court Bar Association
- Antonio E. Caruso was a speaker at a presentation given to the CNY Bankruptcy Bar Association on Mortgage Foreclosures
- Thomas J. Fucillo was a speaker at a Zoning, Subdivision and Land Development Law Seminar